Kennesaw State (10-10) will host the Tigers of Savannah State (13-7) at 5:00 PM for a mid-week in-state rivalry game. The Owls are coming off a big win Sunday against Mercer, whereas the Tigers are coming off two losses in a row against North Carolina Central, and were outscored by 17 runs.
- The starting pitcher for KSU hasn’t been announced yet, but I imagine Nathan Harsh will be on the mound after having his scheduled appearance last week being umped out (the umpires were not scheduled so the Georgia St. game was postponed).
- Junior center fielder Bo Way has a 15 game hitting streak for the Owls.
- The Owls had double digit hits in 5 of the last 6 games but only averaged 3.5 runs per game.
- In those six games, freshman shortstop Kal Simmons has hit safely and is batting .500 with 8 RBI. He hit in the two hole last game for the first time in his career and had 4 hits, so expect him penciled in there on Tuesday.
- Justin McCalvin hasn’t given up an earned run in 13.1 innings