- Travis Dean wasn’t great but he pitched well enough to get the win and is 2-2 on the year. He lowered his season ERA to 4.74.
- Colton Cross continued his great year in long relief with 3 scoreless innings. His ERA is down to 2.77.
- James Connell picked up his third save.
- After falling behind 2-0 in the first, Kennesaw State’s new lineup went to work and put up a 3 spot in the bottom of the inning.
- Anthony Duran continued his great start with 2 RBI on the day.
- Kennesaw scored multiple runs in the first inning for the third game in a row
- Kevin Kyle pitched his best since opening weekend. He went 6 scoreless with 5 strikeouts and a WHIP of 1.00 to pick up the win (2-2) and move his ERA to 3.09.
- Kevin McCoy had an unusually bad day, giving up 3 runs in 2/3 of an inning.
- Jacob Moore pitched the eight instead of Catlan Kendrick or Justin McCalvin (who picked the 7th), and did a good job.
- James Connell earned his second save in as many days, which was good for his fourth of the year. Coming off elbow surgery, Connell has pitched better of late after a shaky start to the year.
- The Owls stole four bases on the day (Almonte 2, Liquori, Wynn)
- Second baseman Andy Almonte continued his good work and picked up a pair of hits in the leadoff spot, and added two stolen bases.
- Freshman first baseman Clint Wynn, who batted cleanup, scored his first career run.
- Bo Way has been the Owls best hitter so far on the year. He went 3-4 with 3 RBI.
- Jacob Bruce struck out three times Saturday is tied for the team lead in strikeouts with 9 (as of Saturday). He is having an uncharacteristic start to the year, as he is usually a very good contact hitter. He did record a hit and score a run on the day.
- Kal Simmons broke out of a mini-slump by going 2-4 with an RBI.
- Will Solomon put up a good enough effort (3R 2ER), but took the loss. He is now 1-2 on the year and moved his ERA from 4.73 to 4.42.
- The usually reliable Catlan Kendrick got bombed in relief. He gave up back to back homeruns in the 6th.
- Lefty freshman reliever Travis Bergen has been a nice surprise on the season. He went 1.2 innings and only gave up one hit.
- All of the Owls runs came in the 9th inning when it was 8-0.
- Alex Liquori picked up two more steals. He doesn’t have any homeruns yet, but he might be the best power/speed combination on the team.
- Jacob Bruce recorded a pair of hits.
- Kal Simmons had his second straight 2 RBI game, and added a pair of hits.
- Ryan Raper had a ninth inning RBI and his first career run.
- Third string catcher Jacob Johnson recorded his first collegiate hit and run.
- Auburn (Home), Tuesday March 12th (6:00 PM)
- Georgia St. (Home) Wednesday March 13th (5:00 PM)
- Mercer (Home) Friday March 15th (6:00 PM)
- Mercer (Home) Saturday March 16th (2:00 PM)
- Mercer (Home) Sunday March 17th (1:00 PM)