- The Owls move to 7-6 on the season after today’s shutout win vs. in-state rival Georgia Southern.
- Mike Sansing tried out a radically different lineup against GSU and it came through with four runs over the first two innings, followed by one run in the ninth.
- Stephen Janas went five scoreless innings and still has not allowed a run on the season.
- Alan Busenitz went two scoreless innings and also has not allowed a run on the season.
- Justin McCalvin pitched the eight and hasn’t allowed an earned run on the year.
- James Connell pitched the ninth with ease.
- Ryan Raper got his first start and had an RBI on his first hit.
- KSU did not commit any errors. Right fielder Chris McGowan misplayed a ball that allowed the runner to get to second, but because the runner never stopped running the error could not be assumed.
- Anthony Duran had an RBI single in the 8th, after replacing Ryan Raper in the field.
- Jacob Bruce had an RBI triple.
- Bo Way stole third base in the 8th, on a controversial call.
- Assistant coach Derek Simmons will be the new Owls third base coach, taking over for Mike Sansing.
- Kennesaw State will be back in action for a three game weekend home series against Evansville at Stillwell Stadium. The first game will be Friday at 5:00. Travis Dean is the scheduled starter.