I didn’t see or listen to the game so I’m just going to pull some observations from the box score and recap.
- Stephen Janas only went two innings tonight because his pitch limit was around 40, and he threw 43. I’m guessing he’ll be on a 50 pitch limit for his next outing. He still hasn’t allowed a run this season.
- Colton Cross went 4 innings of solid relief. He’s become a true asset out of the pen and seems to fit perfectly in the long relief role.
- Jacob Bruce, Peyton Hart and Max Pentecost are struggling in the OBP department early on.
- Andy Almonte has been heating up.
- Anthony Duran went 2-4 with 2 RBI. After being critical of him following the Georgia game, it’s good to see him get a clutch hit to score what ending up being the winning run.
- The starters at the 7-8-9 spots today went 7-14 with 7 RBI.
- Alex Liquori went 3-5. He’s now 6 of 12 on the year.
- Third string catcher Jacob Johnson got his first career AB. He flied out to center.
- Kal Simmons had an error for the straight game.
- KSU pitchers struck out 9 and only walked 3. KSU hitters struck out 3 times and walked 3 times.
- KSU’s RPI is now 67th in the country.
- This is KSU’s second win vs. an SEC team in as many weeks.
- The only team that KSU has lost to this year is Radford. They’ve been Jacksonville St., Georgia and now Auburn.
- The Owls play 8-1 Alabama State tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Expect Kevin McCoy to get the start.