Who: University of Georgia (1-2)
Where: Foley Field
When: Wednesday February 20th, 5:00 p.m.
Radio: KSU All-Access
- Steven Janas is making his first appearance of the year and will try to guide KSU to a 4-0 start. His season last year was cut short due to Tommy John surgery and he received a redshirt. Before his injury Janas had a 3.31 ERA and averaged a strikeout per inning in 37.1 innings.
- In college baseball, most pitchers are on a very strict pitch count, especially early in the year. Look for Janas to go about 25-35 pitches tomorrow.
- Expect sophomore Nathan Harsh to get some time on the mound tomorrow. Harsh made a start vs. UGA last season when he went 3.2 innings allowing 1 hit and 1 run with 2 strikeouts. He was drafted last by the Rangers in the 19th round.
- Freshman Jordan Hillyer made his debut in the third game against Jacksonville State. He struck out five of the six batters he faced, and there’s a good chance he might be back on the mound tomorrow night.
- Colton Cross, James Connell and Justin McCalvin are other pitchers who have a good chance of seeing action.
- The middle of the Owls lineup struggled mightily vs. JSU but the other players stepped up. I expect them to bounce back tomorrow, in a big way.
- UGA was ranked in the top 30 of some national polls but dropped out when they lost two of three to Georgia Southern to start their season. The Owls won all three games to begin 3-0.